1. Eye and ear protection is REQUIRED on all ranges.
2. Consuming alcoholic beverages before or while shooting is prohibited.
3. Anyone acting or shooting in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave immediately.
4. Range Officers will be responsible and in charge of all ranges.
5. You must become a range officer to use the pistol, 22 Rimfire or black powder range's unsupervised.
6. Members and guests are required to follow all safety rules posted at each range.
7. Hours of operation will be posted at each range.
8. Only clay birds may be shot on the Trap Range. No bottles, cans or plastic jugs.
9. No Deer slugs allowed on any range.
10. Range Officer Identification cards must be worn when shooting on all ranges except the Trap range.
NEW RIMFIRE RIFLE RANGE RULES:
1. All JCSC rules and regulations that are posted on each of the ranges apply to this range.
2. Only a .22 Rifle is allowed. NO MAGNUMs or .17 HMRs allowed.
3. Prior to entering the new rimfire range, all JCSC members must complete a Rimfire Range Officer written exam and complete a Range Officer's qualification by a Range Chairperson.
4. Children under the age of 18, MUST be accompanied by an adult and trained in the handling of firearms.
5. Range Officer badges must be worn at all time upon entering the range. (NO BADGE, NO ENTRY)
6. Paper targets only. No metal targets, cans or bottles allowed, except club approved Silhouettes targets.
7. Muzzles must be pointed downrange at all times. Empty chamber indicaters must be visible and no one can handle a firearm while anyone is downrange changing out targets.
8. Maintenance and JCSC scheduled matches take priority.
9. Range Chairman and/or JCSC Board members can remove anyone from the range for direct or indirect violation of range rules. Violaters will be ask to attend the next month's JCSC Board meeting to discuss priviledges.
JEFFERSON COUNTY SPORTSMEN'S CLUB RANGE PROCEDURES:
1. Safety is the Number 1 concern of the Board of Directors of the JCSC. The Range Chairman and/or His/Her assistant along with the JCSC Board have complete control on any disciplinary action of it's members with regards to safety. If a Range Officer is not present, the range will be closed until a Range Officer can be found.
2. Violations of safety rules will result in dismissal from the range.
3. Standard target loads apply. NO MAGNUM, Bottleneck Cartridges or Shotgun Shells allowed.
4. Shooters will be responsible for hanging their own targets.
5. Everyone in the range must wear eye and hearing protection.
6. All firearms must be UNLOADED before they are brought to the range. Long guns must be uncased with the action open and placed on the firing line with a empty chamber indicator in place. All muzzles must be pointed down range.
7. No weapons are allowed to be cleaned inside the range while the range is live and open.
8. No selling, trading or exchanging of re-loaded ammo is allowed on club property.